Transitional Living with Day Treatment
For many, working on their recovery at home is ideal, but not always an option. To meet the needs of clients who live in areas where services are scarce, and to help those who live close by but need a recover-focused environment to kick start their recovery, Eating and Body Image Therapy Center has a four-bedroom apartment just a couple blocks from our Baltimore, Maryland, facility at the Nelson Kohl Apartments.
Clients stay in our fully furnished, beautifully appointed apartment homes while attending to their recovery in our program five days a week. This program is a step up from intensive outpatient programs, but not as rigorous as a residential or in-patient program. For those who need near daily support to stay on track toward their full recovery, this option is a key essential to move back toward truly independent living. Clients can practice their recovery skills independently on the weekend, and some may even choose to go home for the weekend to experiment with skills they’ve learned in treatment and apply them to their regular environment.
If clients find that they need more support than our day treatment program, we also have our residential treatment program in Frederick, Maryland.
Transitional Living is Ideal for:
- Adult clients stepping down from Inpatient or Residential levels of care
- Clients who need more care than outpatient therapy but don’t have other resources in their area
- Individuals who feel overwhelmed returning to work or school without significant supports
- Clients who need extra help learning to live independently to build their confidence in their recovery skills
- Patients are accepted based on medical need and psychological readiness for care
- Medically stable to the extent that daily medical monitoring is not required
- No danger to self or others
- Can demonstrate increasing self-sufficiency in eating/weight restoration
- Fair to good motivation to recover, including cooperativeness, insight, and ability to control or tolerate obsessive thoughts
- Can greatly reduce compulsive exercising or are ready to begin including light exercise again
- Can greatly reduce binge eating, purging, laxative and diuretic abuse in non-structured settings
- Others can provide adequate emotional and practical support and structure
Treatment Team Includes:
- Licensed Masters or Doctorate Level Clinicians
- Registered Dietitian
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- We are in-network with most insurances and can often arrange single case agreements for those who do not have coverage for care with us. In most cases, you will be responsible for your deductible and co-pays.
- For detailed information on fees associated with your care in Transitional Living, please contact our Intake Coordinator today!