Washington D.C. Address
2639 Connecticut Ave NW suite 251
Washington, DC 20008
Call (240) 722-1014 for our intake department
Who we treat:
Adults of all genders ages 18 and up struggling with anorexia, bulimia, binge eating disorder (aka compulsive overeating), compulsive exercise, and muscle dysmorphia.
- Patients are accepted based on medical need and psychological readiness for care
- Medically stable to the extent that more extensive medical monitoring is not required
- No danger to self or others
- Can demonstrate increasing self-sufficiency in eating/weight restoration
- Fair to good motivation to recover, including cooperativeness, insight, and ability to control or tolerate obsessive thoughts
- Can greatly reduce compulsive exercising or are ready to begin including light exercise again
- Can greatly reduce binge eating, purging, laxative and diuretic abuse in non-structured settings
- Others can provide adequate emotional and practical support and structure
- Establish a regular and sustainable eating pattern including three regular meals a day plus snacks as required by a dietitian-designed meal plan
- Stop all eating disorder behaviors for 4 consecutive weeks
- Recognize unhelpful thinking patterns and learn skills to change them
- Develop and demonstrate competence with at least 5 alternative coping and self-soothing skills
- Decrease the importance of weight and shape in defining self-worth
- Integrate physical activity into daily routine and improve mood and self-esteem
Treatment Team Includes:
- Licensed masters or doctorate level clinicians
- Registered dietitian
- Family Nurse Practitioner
IOP and PHP Treatment includes:
- Group therapy
- Individual therapy
- Family therapy (as needed)
- Nutrition education and counseling
- Supervision of therapeutic meal(s) each session
- Weekly medical and psychiatric follow ups
- Coordination of care with an outpatient team if applicable
IOP and PHP Groups Include:
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Nutrition Therapy
- Stress management
- Mindfulness training
- Art Therapy
- Goal setting
- Weekly meal planning
PHP Program Hours:
- Patients attend Monday through Friday
- Group meets from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and include two snacks and lunch daily
- Two individual therapy sessions, nutrition counseling, psychiatric review, and medical review occur weekly
IOP Program Hours:
- Patients attend Monday through Thursday and step down to three nights a week as they prepare to step down to outpatient.
- IOP group meets from Monday through Thursday, 5 pm to 8:15 pm.
- Individual, family therapy and nutrition counseling is also provided once a week.
We are in-network with most insurances and can often arrange single case agreements for those who do not have coverage for care with us. In most cases, you will be responsible for your deductible and co-pays.
Please call us so we can verify your insurance information. As a courtesy to prospective patients our admissions staff will, with your consent, contact your insurance carrier to obtain a quote of insurance benefits. We will share this information with you to help you make an educated decision about your treatment options and what your insurance will cover.
Our staff will also coordinate insurance coverage and payment for all treatment authorized by your insurance company.